LANDLIFE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
Do you want to participate as a volunteer in the First European Congress on land stewardship in Barcelona?
The Land Stewardship Network –xct and the LandLife partners are seeking volunteers to take part in the First European Congress on Land Stewardship in Barcelona from 5-8 November 2014.
Over 300 participants from all around Europe are expected to attend the Congress which aims to become a European meeting point to discuss about the state of art of Land Stewardship in Europe and its future, and how it can be applied as a useful tool for nature conservation.
To make the Congress a success we need the help of volunteers to assist attendants during the conference and give us support in the different activities organised.
There are so many opportunities to participate in the Congress depending of your skills and interests:
Who can be a LandLife volunteer?
- People working or interested in nature conservation and land stewardship who love nature and enjoy it!;
- People available from 04th November to 08th November 2014 (It is not required availability for the entire Congress, you can apply for specific days, but the Organising Committee will give preference for full days volunteers);
- Fluent in Spanish/Catalan and English or French;
- People with a positive attitude, responsible, reliable and friendly;
What do we offer to volunteers?
- Free Congress registration;
- Free access to the Congress sessions and activities;
- Free meals during the event, including the special dinners the 05th and the 08th;
- A training course on 04th November 2014;
- A volunteer T-shirt and a Congress bag;
- Health insurance;
- A chance to improve your skills and knowledge and introduce a new reference on your CV;
- An opportunity to expand your network and make new friendships;
- A chance to become part of a multidisciplinary and multilingual team;
- A certificate of participation;
- An amazing experience in the City of Barcelona!
How can you become a LandLife volunteer?
You can register here by filling in the application form (coming soon!). Once you apply, you will receive an email of registration in the selection process. The call for volunteers will close on the 28th August 2014 and we will notify you of your acceptance by 08th September 2014.
NOTE: Volunteers are fully responsible for their travel expenses to arrive to Barcelona.
- Facilitate Congress participant registration;
- Assist with accreditation and preparing the Congress documents and bag;
- Verify participants' badges.
- Provide Congress information to participants and assist xct staff for material requests;
- Answer enquiries and provide overall Congress information.
Workshops and sessions volunteers
- Provide overall support to workshopsspeakers and attendants;
- Distribute and collect questionnaires at the end of each session;
- Ensure the congress rooms are equipped with all the necessary materials (seats, lights, water, etc.).
- Translate questions and answers made by attendants and speakers;
- Translate speakers' presentations during the workshops, if necessary.
Field Trip volunteers
- Verify participant names before the trip;
- Support and assist participants during the trip (e.g. food, drink, first-aid, etc.);
- Ensure all participants are at the meeting point to come back to Barcelona.
- Facilitate and assist organisations in mounting and dismantling their posters;
- Provide information about posters and other materials to participants;
- Give support to the project speakers.